What do I do if I suspect mold in my home?

There are currently no limits set by the EPA. Therefore mold is not regulated. Mold grows in moist environments, so eliminate sources of moisture and lower humidity. Fix leaking faucets and drains, caulk and seal windows and tubs, use dehumidifiers in humid rooms such as basements. After correcting the moisture problem, wipe down area with a bleach solution of 1 capful of bleach per 1 gallon of water.

For more information on mold refer to:

Environmental Management Branch – (502) 564-4856
Timmco of Clarksville – (931) 320-3747
Mold Home Protection Services of Henderson – (270) 860-0740


How often should my septic tank be serviced?

Every 3-5 years


I am building a house out in the county, what are the steps I need to take to have a septic system installed?

First you must come to the Christian County Health Department to fill out a site application. You must bring a copy of your deed or plat along with a fee of $300.00 backhoe pits are required for the evaluation. The backhoe pits should be 42 inches deep and dug in the area you would like the septic system to be placed.


What do I do if I suspect I have a food borne illness?

In order to confirm a food borne illness, a stool or vomitus sample must be obtained and tested by a Physician. Contact the Christian County Health Department with any concerns related to food establishments in Christian County.